When the Facebook giant acquired WhatsApp in the year 2014 for $19 billion, it was only then that the people in the US came to know about its existence. The move was greatly criticized because people there had no clue about how big a communication tool WhatsApp was. It was not a year later when it had gained over half a billion users that people began to realize its power. Since it is free and easy to use, it is used by almost everyone nowadays.
WhatsApp and business
It is not surprising that most of the businesses take help from WhatsApp and WhatsApp status for maintaining relations with clients and for promotion and marketing of their products. It is only a matter of time when it will grow up to become a huge communication tool in the business world.
Following are few of the many ways in which WhatsApp has the potential to grow into the next big business tool.
- WhatsApp is an effective communication tool since it has a mixture of SMS feature and media file sharing capability. Small businesses can use these features to deal with clients easily. Can send media files, put up relevant WhatsApp status for their promotions without spending even a penny.
- Maintaining social presence is primal to brand marketing. Facebook has made it very easy for any business to be socially alive. WhatsApp is taking it to the next level.
- Since WhatsApp’s SMS feature is totally free of cost, it makes maintaining close contacts with the customers very easy and prompt. WhatsApp numbers are being used by many businesses nowadays in their communication with clients. It helps you extensively with client feedback and is also used by customers for placing orders. This is why most businesses are putting up their WhatsApp information in their advertisements, banners, and Facebook pages as well.
- WhatsApp gives you the facility to send messages in bulk by creating a group of contacts. Each group can only contain up to 100 contacts but this feature saves a lot of time and energy. Instead of sending messages to each contact individually, business owners can send the marketing videos, messages and promotional packages to the whole group in one instance.
- The media sharing ability is of great help for business owners nowadays. Instead of completing an order, only to have it rejected by clients later on, they can stay in constant contact with them throughout the development. For example, jewellers, fashion designers and tailors use it extensively. They share pictures of their designs with clients to see if they like it or not. This saves both of them time and money. Even taxi drivers and delivery firms are now using WhatsApp to share location maps.
Despite the fact that WhatsApp comes with its limitations for the business world, it is one great tool that can be used for communication and marketing in the business world. So do yourself a favour and make the most out of this powerful tool to give a boost to your business.