SEO is, in today’s world, one of the most crucial of all things that constitutes a flourishing business. This is because running a business that has no online presence is indeed very absurd. People are almost always glued to computer screens and in contact with the World Wide Web in some form or the other. Therefore, if a company knows how to hit the right spot, they can shoot right up to being the best.
The term SEO is an abbreviation for “Search Engine Optimization” and it is a very recent phenomena. It basically studies the algorithms that appeal to search engines and hence help in getting a website up to page 1 of the results. It then understands the whole idea and provides these first positions to people who go about the method properly and design the right website. Now, this becomes important because on the internet, there are an unimaginable number of sites. When a person searches for a particular query, 1000s of websites come up. But more often than not, the person does not really check more than 10 or 20 sites. So, technically, if one’s site is ranked 89 among millions, it is awesome but thinking practically, it is as useless as maybe the 1000th website.
Why SEO is so important?
- As mentioned earlier, SEOs thrive to give better ranks to deserving users. The main concept is that the greater and richer the amount of links, backlinks, relevant words and phrases a site have, the better ranking it will get.
- It is proven to be the most effective way to ensure site visibility and to create truckloads of traffic over the internet by creating a strong visual design as well as a stronger network of links and targets, delivering one to the desired page ultimately.
Search Engine Optimization and small businesses:
A small business will do everything on a much smaller scale and as an inevitable result, have to struggle more. There is cut throat competition out there and large and small are all fighting together.
When it comes to online presence, space becomes limited but the fight continues. It is especially more crucial for a small/expanding business to have a strong threshold on the web as it is one of the prime tools that can help it to grow.
With them, every penny counts. They can’t afford to have unreasonable marketing measures. SEOs top their lists because it is a measurable, reasonable, and highly beneficial advertising option.
- It helps to provide all relevant news about the product/service offered.
- It helps them to become more active on the internet. It has been scientifically proven that if a particular website crops up most of the time, users have a tendency to check it out, provided it looks ‘business’ and not full of fluff.
- A healthy online reputation will be built if a site is properly optimized. It translates to giving customers all information transparently and giving this to them on a plate i.e., making sure they have no trouble whatsoever to find those pieces of information.
- SEOs help in cutting down the risk element from almost all facets. Firstly, websites are accessible worldwide,so if business does not prosper in one’s home country, one can always expect sales from the rest of the world. Secondly, it helps in cutting down costs as it is such a highly effective advertising system.
- Proper use of the software helps to create relevant traffic for the website. Achievement of this targeted traffic results in better ROI, the reason being that more percentage of these targeted people will turn into customers.
SEO basically acts as a very fine filter and achieves the twin objective of highly enriching a site and at the same time, making sure that the right people are brought into contact with it.